Sunday, August 14, 2011

Train trip to Mississippi

Jeremiah and I were able to ride the Amtrak train home to Mississippi in July. It was the first train trip for both of us. He was pretty excited about riding the train because he is really into Thomas the Train now. He thought when we went to the train station we were going to ride Thomas, Percy and Salty. We got on the train around 1:00am, so he was asleep and never saw the actual train. He still thinks we rode Thomas!

He slept until  about 6:00am and was so excited when he woke up that morning and looked out the window. He was so good on the train and sat in his seat the whole time. I packed plenty of things to do and snack on, so he stayed pretty entertained. He has now figured out the train takes us to paw-paw's house, so whenever he wants to see paw-paw he says, "Mommy let's ride the train to paw-paw's". I think another train ride is in our future, but I just don't know when it will happen.


Asleep at train station


Looking out window


Jeremiah & Mommy


Coloring on train

2 comments:

Dani said...

Britt loves trains right now too. Is there a website with information and pricing on it somewhere. That would make for a great trip home, if there are any passenger trains that go anywhere near my parents.

Effieshant said...

My husband Dan & I met you and your family at Bethlehem Church near New Orleans. I've taken the train back to Indiana several times. In fact, I'll be heading back to Indiana next week. I depart from the train at Effingham, Illinois. It's a 2 hour drive back to my home in Indiana from there.
I'm enjoying your blog!
Cathy