Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hand, Foot, and Mouth

Well, I had to take Jeremiah to the doctor on Tuesday because he had a fever that wouldn't go away. I thought the antibiotic he was taking for his ears just wasn't working, but after the doctor checked him over he was clueless of what was causing the fever. He decided check his throat for strep and took one look, put the pacifier back in, looked at me and said, "It's hand, foot, and mouth". At first, I thought he had just made something up to be funny because I had never heard of it. Jeremiah never formed blisters on his hands or feet, but he had them all down his throat. He stayed home with us all week and is feeling much better now.

We got to enjoy a Saturday at home today which is a rare occasion. It will be six weeks before we have another one at the house. We are either out of town for a football game or church meeting for the next five weekends. I'm hoping for good weather on the football game weekends, so we will be able to tailgate with our families.

Jeremiah is so mobile and into everything. I knew this day would come, but my house was not ready for it. He loves being on the floor so much that he tried to get out of the stroller multiple times today while we were in the grocery store, so he could crawl on the floor. We are trying to transition him from a bottle to a sippy cup, but he is not liking it at all. I don't know if he is just being stubborn or just not ready for the cup. He already has two teeth in on the bottom and is getting three in on the top at the same time.

No comments: